Monday, December 8, 2008

What I've been up to... and how you can help

Dear readers, apologies as usual for my long and unforgivable absence. I have a good excuse though! First of all our Nature of the City show is opening on the evening of the 16th of December at arts-i gallery in Scindia House, Connaught Place here in Delhi. Do come! It is looking good. But in addition, in my typical foolish zeal for over-commitment, I have taken on the task of blogger-in-residence for Khoj's 48c public.art.ecology project, which opens on the 12th. If you don't know about 48c yet, you should go check out their website. It is going to be a doozy. Better yet, go check out the blog. It should launch today, and yes (believe it or not) there will be daily updates and postings from now until at least Christmas, when the whole project comes down. Please visit the blog, but more importantly contribute! It is a little different from this old jugaad of mine in that I am not writing 8000 word essays every day--although I will probably succumb to temptation and write one or two--rather there are a lot of links to news stories, facts about the environmental crisis that faces us here in Delhi, the role of the arts in raising awareness about these issues, and discussions. The whole blog is intended to be an open, public space, so please drop by and comment!

0 comments: